Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Happy Place



Tonight was AMAZING!!!!!!
This song has been running through my mind all day long and I've decided it's my happy song for the evening.
The event I was able to participate in allowed amateurs, like me, to sit in on a rehearsal and concert with members of the Utah Symphony. I got to sit next to Darren Bradford. Darren Bradford is one of the best clarinetists in the state and possibly the country. He is currently the principal clarinetist of the Orchestra at Temple Square and is a sub for the Utah Symphony.
This Pro-Am event wasn't quite what I expected, but it was so worth the time and money. There is NOTHING like the feeling of playing with an orchestra like that. We were not dressed formally (most of us were in jeans). The audience was small (not open to the public). It was short, but ever so sweet.
We played the Finale of Beethoven's 5th Symphony. That piece is pretty much amazing. Anyways. I'm EXHAUSTED and can't think much more. (If I continue to type I might start throwing in random medical terms because that's all my brain has thought of all day long.)

Conclusion:
Beethoven= Great
Finale of 5th Symphony= Cherry on top
Performing at Abravenal Hall=Add sprinkles and whipped cream
Getting to taste the old, happier me (talking clarinet stuff with people 'in the know', enjoying playing, etc)=
PRICELESS
:-D

0 comments: