Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Save Me, San Fransisco!

In less than 20 hours I will be at The Depot in Salt Lake City, waiting to hear my favorite band-Train. This concert is a HUGE deal for me. I NEVER go to concerts. Well...not normal concerts. I go to symphony, band and choir concerts, even piano recitals and so on, but not rock or popular music concerts. I once went to hear Styx and REO Speedwagon at the state fair...but somehow that doesn't seem to count, since a good deal of those groups don't have the original members anymore. (correct me if I'm wrong)
SO...
I'm so excited!
It's a miracle that I was able to get work off for it, and I'm not going to let anything keep me from going.
I was even contemplating riding the frontrunner there so I could say I rode the train to see Train...but I'm worried about making the last train back up to Ogden. That would save me close to $20 or $30 on gas and parking...oh well.

In other news...
I officially hate my job. I'm so tired of bending over to change a garbage bag or to clean up someone's poop on the toilet seat. Yes, I realize that I will be cleaning up that stuff for the rest of my life...but 15 bathrooms a night?! That's just too much.
I guess I need to realize that I haven't even blogged since I got this job. I work at the Makay-Dee Surgical Center. I am a housekeeper. Why I even applied for the job I'll never know. If I had thought clearly and listened to the warning of the Spirit, I would've never been put in the situation I'm in now.
I work 40 hours a week. 3:30pm-midnight, Monday-Friday. It is nice in some ways. I'm getting insurance (which I desperately need...it has alread come in handy-stupid flu), I have mornings to do whatever I want to do (so I can still do school-type things...even though I can't....which is a whole 'nother blog that I don't want to deal with...), and the people I work with are fun.
Cons-I can't do anything at night. I was just getting into country swing dancing, and all the institute activities are on weeknights as well. Not to mention I rarely see my roommates for more than 10-15 minutes a day, if even that much. I work alone for the most part, especially after 8pm. I get to clean half of the surgical floor (which is cool...sometimes I get to clean the actual ORs...) and 2 entire floors of offices by myself. Oh the joys of being alone in an old building. Apparently there is a ghost there named George. I don't believe in ghosts, but I've had a couple of experiences where either I have turned into a paranoid schizophrenic or there really are ghosts. On 2 ocaisions I have distinctly heard a man's voice. I've gotten over it for the most part. I bring my mp3 player and listen to music all night. I barely get bothered by the quiet now. Sometimes it's nice because I have time to ponder life and all it's trials and joys...but most of the time I really hate being alone for that long. If only I could have a friend there to talk to me.
Anyways...there was a purpose to this blog, but it's late, I'm distracted by thoughts of the concert tomorrow and I really need to go to sleep. I'll have to write more after the show.
Joy!

I want to dance!

0 comments: