Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Standards are Ok Somtimes!

I may be far from perfect and I may not know exactly what I stand for these days, but I do know one thing:
I'm so unbelievably grateful that I grew up with certain standards and expectations (from friends and church leaders).
Some people tell me I'm missing out on some wonderful things in life by not drinking (and trust me, sometimes, especially very recently, I wish I did drink...I'm the only one in my massage class that has NOT had an alcoholic beverage..as far as I know at least). The only negative thing on my record (if it's even still there) is a speeding ticket that I got when I didn't even know the speed limit...still makes me mad). I have never committed any crime which means I have never been arrested, I have never done drugs and, therefore, have never been caught using them.
In my class tonight we got to fill out the application for state licensure in massage therapy. We went through dozens of questions. Many of which asked about felonies. I am so unbelievably grateful I have a clean record and don't have to deal with any of that. Getting to see a little of what those that do have felonies have to go through is more than enough.
I am so glad that, despite my questions and doubts, I have never had a troublesome childhood and that I don't have to deal with any of that. If nothing else, being a Mormon...a GOOD Mormon, has saved me a lot of grief in trying to become a professional.
Tonight I feel blessed and EXTREMELY lucky!

0 comments: