Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Monday, November 4, 2013

I Miss My Music

Today I realized that the holiday season is fast approaching. Usually this time of year I'm busy being involved with one group or project or another. It used to stress me out, but I LOVED getting to be involved. Music really is at the core of my being, and I've been ignoring that.
I haven't touched my clarinet more than a handful of times since I started school-mostly for the UCMT talent show (which was a joke). I rarely get to play the piano as well. I haven't gotten to sing, other than blasting my radio in my car and singing along.
When I was at Weber I was in the institute choir, the orchestra and wind ensemble on campus and I had my church calling(s). Like I said, it was stressful, but I miss is so very much.
I MISS BEING A MUSICIAN!
I miss having my entire life run over by my involvement in music. I miss feeling like I was part of something. I miss feeling the power of music. One can listen to music anytime, but to create it yourself is a different experience altogether. And again, I MISS IT!
What I wouldn't give to be back in school at Weber with the institute choir preparing for the Christmas program. What I wouldn't give to be doing ANYTHING!
It's literally killing me right now to not be involved.
Bah!!!

0 comments: