Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Friday, October 17, 2014

Blog Challenge Days 5-9

The battery on my laptop exploded and it took me until today to try my laptop again. It's not overheating nearly as much now without a battery in it. And it's much lighter now. I should've taken that thing out a long time ago!

Anywho, I'm very behind on my blogging challenge posts, so I'll try to get caught up now...

5-The biggest misconception you think people have about single life

I honestly don't know what people conceive about the single life these days, so I really don't have a response to this. Most of the people I interact with are single or are my age and see things the same as I do.
I know that the media portrays it as empowering and tragic at the same time. So, it's really hard to even know what to say. So, I'll be a bum and leave it at that.

6-Sound off on the quote “Every woman has the exact love life she wants”

I've never heard this quote until now. I think it's absolutely ridiculously and a farce. I am single and want a love life more than anything in the world, but for some reason it has not happened to me yet. I've had small glimpses, but never a real love life. (I've never been kissed, remember?)  I believe in God and believe (as hard as it is to admit it) he has guided me to this point in my life and the love life he wants for me hasn't happened yet. One day, the love life I want will align to the will of my Father in Heaven and it will happen when it is supposed to.  

7-Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point

I am nowhere NEAR where I thought I would be at this point. 10 years ago I was one year into schooling to become a high school band director. I had plans of serving a mission and getting married before I was 24. I had envisioned myself as being a stay-at-home mom and teaching piano lessons at home like my mom did.

I didn't go on a mission, I didn't become a high school band director (I majored in performance instead of education and then later became a massage therapist) and obviously I didn't get married and become a stay-at-home mom. As much as it pains me to not be where I wanted to be, I wouldn't give up the lessons I've learned. I know now I am far better prepared to be a wife and mother now than I ever imagined I could be 10 years ago. I cringe at what my family would have had to endure with me being the person I was back then. 

8-Five things that are most important to you in a future mate

I hate doing these 'lists.' But, I will oblige for this blog post, and since I only get to list 5, I will be very careful. The 5 most important things in a future mate to me are (in no particular order):
     1~The same religious beliefs (I want to be able to see eye-to-eye on as many things as possible, especially religious beliefs)
     2~Honesty
     3~Forgiving/Understanding of my imperfections
     4~Educated/Intelligent
     5~Generally Happy/Good attitude (Life happens and it's not all sunshine and rainbows, I get that as I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but a good attitude makes a huge difference)
It's hard to narrow it down to just 5. Harder than I thought. Phew!

9-Your favorite “weird/funny single behavior” – Anything you do that is uniquely YOU and that living alone allows you to do (For example, I sometimes dance around the house with my cat to Frank Sinatra)

Apparently everything about me is weird as I've come to learn from even my best friends. But, probably my favorite thing to do is dance around in my bedroom with music turned up loud on my headphones, or on the speakers if no one else is home (I do have roommates that might not appreciate the noise). 

These responses are short and I'm not sure if they merit the title of "Blog" but, there you go. Tomorrow is day 10!

0 comments: