Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Friday, May 16, 2008

Of Socks, High School Musicals, and Death

Of socks:
Recently I was able to get a new package of socks. When I got home I realized that half were white and the other half were black. I don't normally wear black socks (unless I'm on stage). This is presenting quite a challenge. Thankfully, I have a job right now that encourages black socks (I think). Yay Subway...I think. Anyways, I have greatly enjoyed these new socks. :) They are so unbelieveabley soft and comfortable. AND...they make for great fun trying to run around the house. Wood floors and soft new socks=slipping and sliding all around. It's awesome! :) I wish our house was bigger and...that I could move all of my junk out of the way...I need more sliding room.
Of High School Musicals:
I happened upon the second rendition of the said musical tonight on the Disney channel. I have seen most of the first one, but never really cared to see any more of any of them. The plots are somewhat good, in that they are good for young ones who need better viewing options these days. But, coming from a musical point of view, they are TERRIBLE movies. They have potential, but they lack real musicianship. The voices are altered to a point that I can barely understand what is being sung. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy 'old sour-puss, but seriously, they could've made the musical score so much better if they had just let the kids sing and not alter anything. Ah! Anyways. Oh well. It's said and done with.
On to other things...
So, about death. Death is an interesting thing as of late. Everything around me seems to be dying. Sometimes I feel that I am cursed. Let's see, things that have died on me in the past year or so:
-My first car-the Ford Taurus
-My second car-the Pontiac Grand Am (man I miss that car! my lead foot found a true friend in that vehicle) :)
-My Dell Inspiron laptop
-My clarinet mouthpiece (it broke, but it may as well have died...it changed my entire sound!)
-My dog-Sunshine
-My cat-Mystie
-My parents' dryer (although it is not mine, it died just when I needed it most-I moved home from college and went on a choir tour...there's a ton of laundry still sitting around that needs to be washed...thankfully we got the new dryer today, but my mom has been using it)
-And...last bu not least, our new kitty.
After Mystie died, we happened upon a very cute kitten. The adoption fee was paid and we awaited anxiously for her to gain enough weight to be spayed so we could take her home. Then, a week ago we found out that she was sick. Yesterday I called to find out how she was doing and the lady on the phone said that they lost her. Go figure. I'm almost becomming synnical at the thought of something else dying. I'm getting tired of it. That kitten was a symbol of hope for me and now she's gone. I really wish that we could've had her in our family. I felt so much emotion when I held her that first time. I'm not angry that she died. I'm really not. I have no room for anger right now...a least, not anger for that. It just seems like the curse is still going. (whoa...the dryer just turned on...and off...no one is in the room...crap...it's haunted!) I just don't know what to think anymore. My faith has been tried enough to the point that I feel numb when a new trial enters my life. It's weird. I should be sad that the kitten will no longer be coming to our home, but I don't feel anything. Anyways. Now that I've made myself a little depressed...
My stomach hurts...(ok...the dryer just turned on again....what is going on?!?!...) I just started a new medication for my stomach problems. My doctor gave me a prescription for it, but I lost it. So, thankfully they sell it in over-the-counter form. Unfortunately, it's not working as well as the last prescription I was on...but there's no way I can afford $175 a month for it. Grr....stupid lack-of-insurance situation. Anyways...that was a random tangent I suppose. I think I need to go to bed. BUT, I'm wide awake. It's the weekend and I want to play! I was going to go to Ogden tonight, but I ended up working until 3:30 and by the time I would've been ready to go, it would've been about 6-ish before I could've made it up there...that's not enough time to play. :) ...
Ok...so I just figured out, the dryer has this wrinkle shield thing...I guess that's what's making it turn on and off so much. I seriously thought our new dryer was haunted...lol
Ok...I need to stop.
The End.
(or is it?)
:)

0 comments: