Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Burgers and Fires and Cherrie Pies...

Take that lady promenade. Walkin' in the sand just hand in hand in a world we used to know. Circle left! Changes will come and go. I've had my share I know....

Those are words to an all-famous square dance song we all learned way back in elementary school. Every year 2 of the teachers would teach their class to square dance. That song is a classic. I actually never had those teachers, but when they later offered dance lessons for other students, I eagerly enrolled. I love that song. As a child it mostly had the appeal of the talk of food. Now as I reflect on the words...I feel a sense of maturity. Changes will come and go. I've had my share I know. I was just talking to a friend tonight about some of the trials I went through last year. A lot of changes happened in my life. A lot didn't happen as well. Changes are coming, and some are going. It's pretty hectic sometimes. But, I think I can say that I am grateful for change. Looking back on last year made me realize that I have changed and grown. I went through a lot. (hmm...living arangements, cars, crushes, family members dying (cats are family!), and so on. Now that I list it like that, it doesn't seem too much of a big deal...but when it all happened I thought there was no end in sight). I can't believe I survived it. I definately feel like a changed person. Some changes haven't stayed with me the way I would have liked them to, but I'm still stronger than I used to be. I have some serious changes coming up in the next week or so. I'm not sure what the final result will be, but it very well could be the decision to change my major and choose a different path in life. One that I have always talked about, but never really imagined would happen. The thought that I could graduate this spring scares me. But, I won't go there right now. I'm mostly waiting for my cold medicine to kick in a make me sleepy. It's after midnight and I'm wide awake. Man...of all times to get sick, it would be on the weekend that was extended due to a school break. Ah! Oh well. At least I didn't have to miss school because of my ilness. Anyways. Back to the topic. Changes are coming my direction whether not I like it. It's such an interesting feeling; knowing that my future will be affected greatly by this decision. I guess I have to keep praying and really do my best to trust the Lord and do my best to understand the promptings (or silences) of the Spirit. I'm terrible at it and I'm scared I'll make the worng choice. But, I've been fighting this decision since I started on this path, and it's time to choose once and for all. What do I really want to do with my life? (that's a whole 'nother can of worms I don't even want to open just yet)
Here's to walkin' in the sand just hand in hand in a world I used to know.

0 comments: