Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Some confuzzled feelings as of late...(warning...contains relationship woes)

Where to begin?
In the past I have written about a certain friend that wants to be more than friends. In the past, I was not so kind. In the past, I was ...well....
Anyways...
Before school started this friend and I had a conversation. We have only kept in touch through instant messaging since he lives out of state and I'm too chicken to do the phone thing. Anyways...
Close to the end of the conversation he told me that he loved me. He has said it in the past, but somehow, this time it wasn't the same. It hit me kind of hard. This guy really does love me. After that our relationship took an interesting path. Once the new semester started I woke up one saturday morning after having an intensely abstract but real dream about him. All I could think of was...I need to talk to him. But, how? I got online actually praying that he would be on. Not even 15 minutes later he signed on. The thoughts going through my mind were intense and insane. I have always felt a deep sense of care for this friend, but I have never felt like I wanted to be around him. Now, all of a sudden, I couldn't think of anything else. We ended up talking for about 3 hours. I don't even talk to my mom that long. I guess you could say we had a dtr...but nothing was really defined. I just finally let out all of my feelings on the table. Mostly I let it out that I was confused and unsure (I think).
Now, fast forward to this past week.
We ended up chatting online again the other day. He let me know that he is coming to Utah for Thanksgiving. We decided to finally go on our first date. ha ha...we've known each other since before kindergarten...it's really kind of funny. Anyways. Hopefully things will work out and we'll be able to take that next step to seeing if it's a path we both want to take. OH! I suppose I should tell of another something that happened before that that added to this whole mess of confuzzledness. I ended up going on a date last weekend. Towards the end of the night all I could think was...I wish I was with my friend. It was weird. Anyways. So, after having gone on this date...I ended up talking to my other friend...it might have been the next day...I'm not sure. Anywho...with all of this running through my mind, I guess you could say things are now getting even more interesting. I won't go into anymore details, but let's just say that after being in chorale the other day hearing a question of 'is anyone in here talking about getting married?' my emotions have been out of control. Our discussion online that night included the subject of marriage...but not on the grounds of us getting married (at least, I don't think so).
Am I really getting to a point where that could be a possibility? Or am I just overreacting? (other things were said that I won't repeat here because some people may just think he's some weirdo (not in a disgusting way) ...which he is...but aren't we all?) My education is coming to a close and I wonder where my life may take me. As much as I would love to be free to do whatever I want, I really would love nothing more than to get married and have a family once I graduate. Is this my chance, or am I just desperate?
Now that I have made any possible reader more confuzzled than I am...lol...I just want to say this...
I have known this guy for more years than I have played the piano (which I started when I was 5). I know his family, I know his heart. I know his past and I have an idea of where his future is heading. I know what my family thinks of his family and I have a feeling I know what the reaction from some of my old friends from high school would be. I know what questions are going through my mind when I think about the possibility of spending eternity with this person. I can't wait for Thanksgiving. Maybe some questions will be answered. I sure hope so. I can't take this much longer.

0 comments: