Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Monday, August 29, 2011

The EPIC day!

Today just wins. There's no other way to describe it. 
It started off with very little sleep (I'm starting to think I should sleep less, life is always more exciting when I'm lacking in basic cognitive thought). I fell asleep sometime after 3am...possibly 4. No reason why, I just couldn't sleep. I woke up with my head where my feet usually are which apparently was a good thing. I got up, fixed a tasty breakfast of turkey bacon (WIN #1), chomped it down, swallowed some vitamins and left for work. 
Win #2-
Today was the first day back doing the school lunch deliveries. I had to mix, lift, cut and roll enough dough for over 60 pizzas. I took my first trip up to Weber High School, made the drop and was greeted by the head lunch lady. It was nice to see that she was so happy to see me again. 
Well, technically win #1 is the fact that all that lifting of the dough didn't kill my back (which has been almost completely pain free for 2 weeks now). So on to win #4. As my coworker was washing his hands, he called me over to the sink. He pointed and ...well...this is what I saw...
Yes, that is a PLANT growing out of the sink! I couldn't stop laughing about it. Talk about thriving in adversity. Who knows how long that seed has been there, getting doused with soapy water and who knows what else that people have washed off their hands. This plant put a big smile on my face. 
Win #5-
I didn't want to see this plant get destroyed, so I found a styrofoam cup, ran outside, found some dirt and managed to pot the little guy. He is now named Bucky (5 Buck Pizza...yeah, it's a genius name, I know).
We're not sure what kind of plant it is. It's most likely a tomato or green pepper plant since those are the main seedy items we have at 5 Buck. 
Win #6-
I got asked to stay longer at work, so I will probably have a VERY nice paycheck soon. Yay for working over 40 hours a week! In addition to that, one half hour of that I got paid to go register the company van. NO complaints there. I enjoy getting paid to sit in my car, play games on my phone, hand over a check (that isn't from my bank account) and drive off. No complaints. 
Win #7-
My new roommate cleans! I will NO longer be the ONLY one that cleans the kitchen. I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!!!
Win #8-
I guess this is now no longer in order of occurrence...
I found another job to apply for in Missouri and submitted the application (right in front of my boss at work actually...lol...oops)
Win #9-
Someone I've had a crush on for who knows how long now poked me on facebook. I know. JUVENILE!!!! lol. I DON'T CARE! He took a small effort to go on my page and click the poke button. I'm not invisible to him. That's all that matters. A small something like that will put a smile on my face for days. I need things like this more often. 
Win #10-
My wonderful friend Becky came by and we all went to David's and had some Italian Ice mixed with frozen custard. SOOOO DELICIOUS!!!
So, there are a few more wins that I can't think of right now, but all in all, today has been wonderful and I just can't help but feel so grateful. The best win though is my back pain. I was suffering with pain in 2 separate areas for MONTHS. The lower back pain has been gone for over a month now, and ever since I got back from my trip to Missouri, my upper back pain has been almost non-existent. It still reminds me it's there every so often, but my neck isn't swollen (I looked like a serious hunchback, no joke!), I can turn around far enough to back out with my car and I could lift a ball of dough that consisted of 5 gallons of flour, 6 liters of water and a couple of cups of other things WITHOUT PAIN. I want to cry with joy! I don't know why it's better, but I just can't say enough how wonderful it is to be able to move again. I'm going to start going to a dance class this week (one of the wins I forgot earlier). I can't wait! I love being able to move freely without pain. It's SO AMAZING!!!!!
So yeah.
EPIC WIN!!!!! :-D

0 comments: