Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Friday, December 30, 2011

Used

Today I had an experience that has opened my eyes to a world of less than ideal friends. Since this past summer there has been an acquaintance of mine that has been purchasing pizza from the company I work for. After it was discovered that I worked there he began requesting me when he made orders. At first I was flattered and thought that maybe he might actually like me. After a few weeks of this I found an opportunity to give him my
phone number. I thought it was a great idea. I think it was obvious enough that I was interested in him. I even tried to start conversations with him on Facebook. Things kind of died down, especially when I went to Missouri for a couple of weeks.
Up until today very little more had happened. I figured I had scared him off as I seem to have the amazing ability to do so more often than not. Then today at work, while I was in the bathroom trying to clean up after scrubbing the floors all afternoon, he called. My coworker, Nate, told him I wasn't able to come to the phone right then and tried to put him on hold. Our phones suck and he got hung up on. Apparently he called again and Nate had the guts to tell this guy I was in the bathroom. Seriously?! Anyways. When I finished cleaning up, I was told to call this guy back.
It was made known to me last night that he is having a party tomorrow night for the new year. I have friends that have been invited. I have not received any kind of invitation. When I finally got ahold of this guy I was very curious as to why he wanted to talk to me. He answered his phone and proceeded to tell me he had a question to ask me.
Put yourself in my shoes at this point. You've been told multiple times that he's asked for you while you're at work. He's been nothing but friendly and possibly even flirted at some times. So, you get to this point and he tells you he has a question for you. What would you think? What do you think a hopeless, lonely girl like me thought or expected?
I can tell you right now, what he asked me isn't so fairy tale worthy.
He wanted to know what kind of deal I could get him for an order tomorrow. So, now that my hopes have literally been wiped all over the floor, I now have to wonder about all of those past calls. Was he requesting me all these times with the hopes that I would get him a better deal? Has he been playing me and leading me on all this time just to use me?
I. Am. Sick. Of. This.
I have a new year's resolution now because of this experience. I resolve to not let people walk all over me. I resolve to stand up for myself and demand more respect from those I know. I resolve to be a person worthy of feeling better about myself.
I plan to start by talking to this guy and letting him know how I feel and that I'm not a friend of convenience. Now I just have to muster up enough courage. Ha.... Ha..... :-/

0 comments: