Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Monday, August 12, 2013

GROSS!!!

SO...a few weeks ago, the day before I started clinic, I got a sore throat. It went away the next day and I didn't think much of it. The following week I had indigestion and took some pepto. The next morning my tongue was covered in a nice black film (I promise it was from the pepto...I even looked it up). While checking my mouth to see that I had removed most or all of the black nasty from my tongue, I noticed a nice white spot on the back of my throat. I have felt crappy and thought maybe I had strep. But, my throat never really got sore (other than that one day). So, I just ignored it. I hoped that the white spot would go away on its own. It didn't. So...laugh if you must,  I consulted Doctor Google (it's a LOT cheaper than a copay over $100). I couldn't make up my mind what to do. I was still concerned it might be strep, but there is also the possibility of what's called a tonsilith, or a tonsil stone. I had NO idea those could even exist until I saw them in the interwebz. Anyways. This past week the spot has gotten larger. So, tonight I decided to do what the Google page told me to do and I took a q-tip to my tonsil. First a little white blob came off. I got a little grossed out and decided to see if I could get the rest. On this second attempt, that lovely, nasty white blob popped out as if I had just popped a very large zit.  I almost threw up. I didn't think I was that sqemish, but I guess I am. So there it is folks. A tonsilith for your enjoyment. I really hope I don't have to do this again. Now I have a nice hole in my tonsil. Huh.

0 comments: