Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Moment of Silence

As I was sitting at my computer starting a new episode of Dr. Who, I decided to check my facebook as well. I got to my homepage and instantly noticed something I was not expecting. A friend of mine had posted a link to an obituary. The link was for an obituary of a friend of mine.
I did not know this girl very well. We've probably only talked to each other a handful of times...mostly to say hello and make a little small talk. BUT, what I knew of her was enough. She was an awesome girl. She seemed to always be happy and to have amazing friends surrounding her.  She always made me laugh.
According to the obituary she suffered from bi-polar disease and succumbed to it this week.
Even though I barely knew her, I can't express how sad this makes me. I can't nor will I ever fully (100%) understand how she came to make the decision to take her own life, but since I can understand enough in my own way, I want to ask anyone out there that may read this to take a moment of silence for a fallen friend. Pray for her family and friends. Pray for help for those suffering like she did. Don't just pray. HELP others who are suffering from depression/bi-polar/etc.
Although we were never close, you will be missed Kari!

0 comments: