Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Seizing the Single

As I lay on my floor this evening, trying to rest my spastic back, I came to an epiphany of sorts. 
Yes, I am single and yes, I am poor. But, it's really me that's holding me back. I am single and not really dating right now. I have many things I'd like to do in my life. I always thought I'd be married by now to someone with enough money and whatever you want to call it...desire?... to help me chase my dreams. Well, I am realizing that this time that I have to myself hopefully won't last forever. Once(if) I get married, I will want to start a family fairly quickly. So, I am taking this moment to change my view. 
MY SINGLE LIFE IS A GIFT!
I am going to make a list of things I want to do in my life. Regardless if these things are ideas I've wanted to do with a beloved someone or not, I am going to do them. I can't sit around waiting for my life to happen. I have to make it happen, now. Or never. So, it is quite possible I may even start a new blog with this idea in mind...kind of a goal/experience blog of my single life.
But, until then, this will do. My initial/tentative list is this:
 I think I shall call this my single life bucket list. :)

*Figure out where to go watch the airplanes take off and land at SLC (and maybe other airports in the world...just a thought...there's an airport somewhere in the tropics that the planes almost fly within touching distance over a beach, cool, no?) and have a picnic.
*Learn to rock climb
*Backpack in Southern Utah (sleep under The Arch and see the stars like I've never seen them before)
*Join an astronomy/star gazing group
*Go chase tornadoes until I get a good picture (get a good camera)
*Take ballroom dance classes
*Volunteer for a disaster relief agency
*Volunteer at an animal shelter or zoo or...something along those lines
*Go on a cruise. Possible locations: Caribbean, Norway, Mediterranean
*Go to Greece and eat real Greek food and swim in the ocean
*Go to Iceland and see a volcano errupt
*Go back to China and walk the Great Wall 
*Go to Egypt and see the Great Pyramids
*Go to Italy and tour as much as possible
*Go to France and see the Louvre, go up in the Eiffel Tower (kiss a French man??)  
*Go to London...possibly for a week or 2, or maybe a few months (I've had a new, crazy idea that I want to move there, if I can ever get over my anxiety with my clarinet, there's a VERY good music school there...it trains with members of the London Symphony Orchestra...yeah...seriously!)


Ok. So, I know some of these are pretty extreme and will take years to accomplish. But, the point is, I am dreaming. I am trying to embrace the gift I have been given at this time. Yes, I'd rather do some, most or all of these things with someone that means something to me, but I have wonderful friends that are more than willing to fill that void in many of these scenarios I'm sure. If not, I know how to be alone and I'll deal with it. 
Ok.
Where to start? :)

1 comments:

blogger said...

Heather! I love this post! I'm planning on joining an astronomy group soon- Salt Lake Astonomical Society (SLAS)http://slas.us/ let's join together! :) i would love to have a buddy there!