Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Riding at Midnight

So, it's been a while. Not too long, but long enough for me. :)
Tonight as I was riding my bike home from my best friend's house, I came up with something I wanted to blog about.
Have I ever said how much I love living out here sometimes? It's so beautiful (if you don't look at all the nasty construction and dead snakes on the road). As I was riding my bike home I saw a beautiful clear sky. When the moon is not out and there are no clouds, the Milky Way Galaxy is visible. It's indescribable. While on a bike ride with my best friend, Julie, we stopped at a park and caught sight of a beautiful sunset. The moon was just rising over the mountainous horizon and it was huge! It was full, bright and huge! I only wish that I could've taken a good picture of it. All I had was my cell phone...and the picture quality is poor, even on a good day. (oh how I want to purc hase a super good camera...maybe a Nikon in the $200-500 range :)) Anyways. I love it out here. I hate the town, but I love this valley. There is so much untouched land out here. (I just got distracted by my little lover-boy kitty...he's SOOOOO sweet!!!!) Anyways, as I was saying. There is a road that leads to I-80 from here. It goes through was is called Skull Valley. In this valley is the famed reservation that the state wanted to store nulear waste in. Besides the reservation and some ranches (and many, many cows) there is nothing out there to suggest that humans have been there. Almost every time I drive that road I get a sense of awe. I always wonder if that isn't just a bit what the pinoeers saw when they entered the Salt Lake valley. If so, I can only imagine their feelings of I don't even know what.
Well, I wanted to write more, but currently I am falling asleep and getting extremely frustrated with my computer, the super-slow internet and the fact that I can't get into my online work profile so I can apply for a new position. Grrr...
Well, I'm done for now.
Bye

0 comments: