Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Everything and Nothing all at once!

So, I'm sitting in my apartment, all alone. Should I say that online? Eh, oh well. Today has been boring, yet fulfilling, and still yet even more ....how to say it...unfulfilling.
In the past week I have driven to Salt Lake, Logan and Tooele...all on one tank of gas. I love my car :) Yesterday was a long day. I can't believe I only fell asleep during one class (although I do believe I had 2 naps during that class). A friend of mine got married yesterday. Actually...2 friends of mine got married to each other. This marriage is something I haven't quite stopped wondering about. It makes so much sense, but then again, it makes no sense at all. I have known the girl since 7th grade. I remember her sitting next to me in 7th grade utah history on her first day of school. We never became super close, but we've always been able to talk when there was the opportunity. Then, (I don't remember when) another family moved in while I was in high school. One boy in the family was particularly good-looking. I believe I even had a crush on him at one point. Yes, yes! I did! I never got terribly close to him, and never had a chance with him, which was fine by me when I saw him hanging out with people that worried me. Anyways. high school was completed and she went to school at USU, he went to Snow and then a mission. After he got home from his mission, somehow they hooked up for real, got engaged and tied the knot yesterday. He is a year younger than she, but I'm guessing not by much of a year. It's so weird to think that they are together now. The town I grew up in is not the place to find love...well, not real love. Many people have gotten into accidental marriages (pregnancies), but VERY few have actually found that special someone. It's weird to have known both of them the way I did and to know that they are married now. But, they really looked so cute together. She had a beautiful, non-traditional wedding dress on at the reception. He looked as good as ever in his suit. The reception wasn't extremely extravagent, but it was definately one of the nicest ones I have ever been to. I saw old friends from high school, and past church leaders. It was a great night. But, the drive home was a nightmare. My eyelids were so heavy that I am still wondering how I didn't fall asleep at the wheel. The lights behind me and to the side made my eyes water. It was terrible. I got home, got ready for bed and somehow remember nothing until noon today. Sleep is wonderful :) I woke up with a terrible headache from all the sugar I ate yesterday. I sat down, read, took a shower and went to the relief society broadcast, came home and read some more. I actually am almost caught up on homework. Now I'm watching a movie and writing this boring blog. I really had nothing to talk about, but I wanted to write something. So, here's something about nothing really. Although, I suppose that the reception wasn't nothing. I hope that if I ever get married, that my reception will be as simple and elegant as hers. Although, I want to have my reception at my aunt and uncle's house. They have a very nice backyard (gazebo, pond and deck included). Then again, I want to get married in the winter (and outside reception is not the best idea in the winter). I want it to snow on our special day. I love winter....I can't wait for the snow to come again!
I want to leave the country and live somewhere else for awhile. Hmm.......

0 comments: