Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Purple...

Is a color I don't like. And that's all on that subject :)

On other news, today was ok. It started off not so good and didn't really ever improve, but one precious moment happened that made it worth it. I work with children on a one-on-one basis. Today the parent of my last student of the day came in and told me that they would be changing times because of scheduling conflicts. She also wanted me to know that her child didn't want to leave because they liked working with me.
I have never had that much experience with children. To be honest, frankly, they scare me sometimes. I don't know how to treat them and I have never felt 100% comfortable around them. Makes one wonder why I'm going into education, doesn't it? Anyways, that small, short comment from the mother made me want to cry. This student actually liked me. I can't express how wonderful this makes me feel. It's nice to feel appreciated every once and awhile by the least expected source.

Maybe there's hope yet for me and being good with kids. :)

0 comments: