Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Thursday, April 3, 2008

I love my job

Today was extremely weird. But, I got to go to work today, and that made it so much better. :) If you don't know, I work as an accompanist at a dance school here in Ogden. I just started 4 weeks ago. It's wonderful. The children make me smile and the dance instructor is wonderful as well. I feel so talented when I'm in there. It's WEIRD! :) Anyways. Today one of the girls had colored some paper cats and a butterfly for Jessica (the dance instructor). We ended up sharing pictures of our cats. Jessica asked the girl if she would like to give me one of the paper cats. I just about cried like crazy. I thought that I had cried myself dry....I guess not. :) Maybe it's the stress more than anything that is making me want to cry. I have a 6 page paper that is over 2 weeks late. And at least 4 more papers to write before the semester is over with. Plus I have to write a teaching sample-plan-thing by Tuesday. I have no time. I'm playing in this musical. It's taking up all of my night time. I thought maybe I'd get a break, but next week I'm involved in a recital...and it's the 'calm' before the storm I suppose. Monday night will be free. Tuesday-dress rehearsal from 6-9 for band. Wednesday-Band concert. Thursday-Choir dress rehearsal. Friday and Saturday-Institute Spring Show. Sunday-Concerto night concert with the orchestra. I've learned to call this marathon week. It's been like this for the past 3 years (ever since I joined Chorale...and now choralaires). I love it, but I just don't know how I"m going to handle it this year to be honest. Usually I get sick during that week (it's happened more than once). But I'm already sick. Ugh. Anyways. I need to get to my homework. I'm so tired though. I have no idea what I'm writing about. I'll be lucky to get by with a C in this class. Oi. What's that line from Meet the Robinsons??? Keep moving forward??? Yeah....I think I like that phrase :)

1 comments:

Janel said...

Or you can just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming.... :)

I can totally relate to marathon week. Last semester's Christmas show was that way for me.