Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Saturday, April 26, 2008

MAN! I feel like a WOMAN!!!

So, I had been bothered by some friends today about going to the institute activity tonight. It was a talent show and I wasn't terribly interested in going. But, when I found out that a few of my friends were involved...I decided to go. The talent show was great. Then, they said something about a dance. Dance?! I didn't know there was going to be a dance! I HATE dances! The last one I went to was about 3 or 4 years ago. I became a wallflower and that was the last time I was EVER going to go. But, once again, peer pressure succeeded. I stayed for the dance. I had a great time. Then, my stomach got upset, so I had to leave for a few minutes. When I finished in the ladies' room, I walked out to the main lobby area. There was a table with bright yellow papers on it. I HAD to investigate! It was a bunch of sign up sheets for committees next year. I've been thinking about joining one for awhile lately. I really feel like I need/want to get involved. So, I started trying to make up my mind which committee to join. When all of a sudden, this really cute guy bumped into me. He elbowed me and asked if I was going to join a committee. I said that I was thinking about it, but that I couldn't make up my mind. Anyways. We kind of flirted a bit....and a funny thing happened. A friend of his and a girl were dancing (in the lobby...go figure) and they very lightly...if even at all....bumped into this guy....he totally over-exaggerated the motion and grabbed onto me. He held my side and everything. There was nothing inappropriate...don't worry. :) Anyways. So, we flirted some more and it was just amazing. Wow....I think I just lied in my title...maybe this isn't a first. huhmmm......... Anyways. After awhile he was like....so what's your name? We shook hands and stuff (weird...I know). Then he was like "I'm sure we'll see each other again" and I said "that would be great"...he smiled and we parted ways. I wish that he had asked for my number! Ahhh!!! He was SOOOOOO handsome! AHH!!!! Maybe I will see him again. If it's what's right in my life at this time, it will happen. I'm not on the hunt. The previous blog was supposed to make that point. I really would love to have a boyfriend and have a dating life, but I just don't want it right now. Anyways. I'm grateful for the moment. It was great. I may never see the guy again. Who knows. But, for once, I felt like a normal girl/woman (whatever I am these days).
:)

1 comments:

Janel said...

Don't you love moments like that? I love it when guys actually notice you're a girl, and treat you as such. Yay!