Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Sunday, July 20, 2008

"I Must Confess..."

...("that my lonliness is killing me now....hit me baby one more time...")
ha ha...couldn't resist. :)

I'm not that lonely...trust me. :)

But, I do have a bit of a confession to make. It is rather a silly thing, but I must say it. I must get this load off my shoulders! ....not really...

Today I went to town (again...2nd time this week!)...on my way back home I stopped at the local (45 miles away) Walmart. I used to have a movie buying compulsion. I used to buy movies every week or so (as long as my paycheck held out). I finally realized it was a problem and put an end to it. Because of that, I rarely buy movies anymore. But, today was bad for me. I purchased 4 movies! It's not as bad as it sounds though. (oh...and the movie buying is not the confession...) The checkout lines were incredibly long, so I decided to wait it out looking at the movie racks. I only checked out the $7.50 rack (at first). I was about to move on when I saw the jackpot. Two video cases that included double features. So, I could purchase 4 movies for the price of...well...$15, plus tax. It was too good to pass up. The real reason it was such a good buy was because of the movies.
My confession is this. I have an obsession with bad sci-fi disaster movies. It's really out of the blue. The acting is usually terrible, the plots are usually very far-fetched, the computer graphics are sub-standard. The list goes on and on as to why these movies are just so bad. But, I love them. I don't know why. Maybe because they make me laugh. Lately I've caught myself checking the sci-fi channel just to see if any of those types of movies are on. It's terrible! :) The one I just watched tonight is called 10.5. It is about a series of earthquakes that hits the West. In the end...well...let's just say a lot of shaking and destruction occurs. I enjoyed it...although it was almost 3 hours long. Oh well. It made up for not getting to see Dark Knight this weekend. Anyways....
It's late and I need to go to bed. I get to lead music again tomorrow! (~joy~)
Night!

0 comments: