Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm not sure what to title this...

Wow...a lot has been going on and I'm not sure where to start. I have a lot to type...so bear with me...I may not get to everything...I'd like to though. Maybe if I make a list I won't forget everything. :)
-Work
-Dream
-Roads
-Cats
-...

Hmm....ok

This week has been a whirlwind at work. Monday night Patty (the main supervisor ...not manager, but supervisor) found out that she was hired at a new job. So, Tuesday she turned in her uniform and quit. Our workforce is this : Jam'e (the manager), Cori and me. Now, some may not know this...about 2 months ago a supervisor position opened up. I applied for it. I got turned down because I couldn't commit to being around for a year. So, no one is in that position as of right now. Guess what...I just got temporarily promoted to supervisor today. I'm excited about the pay increase ($2/hour more than what I'm getting now) and the little bit of...ha ha ha I feel about it. But, I really hate Subway right now. I dread going to bed at night because I know what awaits me when I wake up. I haven't had any desire to work out, nor the time and energy. I can't go swimming, and I can barely escape the town for one day a week. This job (as I recall from previous experiences) is a nightmare. :) When I was temporarily promoted to supervisor last time I worked there (wait...I think I'm experiencing some deja vu!) I was able to describe my experiences as this...
I unlock the gate walk past it, and lock myself back in. I am now in my gilded cage. I am imprisoned. There is no way out. I must move forward, but to move forward is to give in to the hell that is my job.
Well...it wasn't quite like that...but I'm not digging it up to see what I said exactly. That was 2 years ago...But I do remember calling it my gilded cage. I do admit. It isn't nearly as bad this time as it was last time. But I tell you this...I am eagerly counting down the days until I am going back to school. 2 weeks until I put in my 2 weeks. :) JOY!
(oh and another reason I'm glad that I'm almost done with this job is this...I think I'm getting arthritis in my thumb from squeezing the sauce bottles too much. It hurts to put any presure on it. I'm worried, because that is the weight-bearing thumb when I play my clarinet)

So, sometime last night I had a very strange dream. I don't know why, but it has really stuck with me and I can't stop thinking about it. It wasn't a great dream by any means, but there was enough in it that I wish some of it would come true...to a certain extent at least. The dream started out with me finding out that I had to be married within 2 days or something really bad would happen (I don't remember what...if I ever knew). So, I was set up to marry someone. Now, in real life, this guy was in my student ward last year. He is a great person, and I could see myself easily developing a crush on him, but anyways... In my dream his name was the one I was supposed to marry. It came time to get married and I had to pick out a dress. There was a rack of dresses. These dresses were many different shapes, styles, colors and sizes. I wasn't even sure if my marriage was going to be in the temple, but I tried to find a white dress in case. There was nothing in white that fit me that I could find. But, then someone found a simple, beautiful white skirt and shirt combination dress that fit me perfectly. We got married...but it wasn't the guy I was supposed to marry. He turned into another guy that in real life was the fiance of a dear friend of mine (that just recently broke up the engagement oddly enough). I couldn't tell you where the marriage was, but it happened. The reception came next. It was a pool party. I can't help but laugh when I think about it. :) The pool was full. At one point there were these huge guys...ninjas??? (maybe...whatever they were, they wer HUGE!...like Cronk on Emporer's New Groove)) having a swimming contest/race thing and they almost swam right over me. Then, I tried to hug my husband. I barely knew the guy, but I figured that we should at least try (or something like that). Everytime I would try to hold on to him or talk to him he would find a distraction and ignore me. I woke up from this dream before we left the pool...but nothing had come of my trying to communicate with him.
I don't know why, but I really just feel so weird about this dream. Maybe it's just my inner girl trying to tell me that I do in fact want to get married someday. Maybe it was just completely random. Who knows. All I know is that it's got me feeling anxious about maybe trying to have a dating life this year or something. (Dating...what's that like?) But, I don't think I want to get into that soap box right now. Anyways...

Yeah...I don't want to get into that...I might say too much :)

(I wasn't kidding when I was 'singing' on a previous blog..."I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss...")

Well... I don't think I'm going to get to everything on my list. I do have one random story....
I went to get on my bike this morning to head to work and found a rather large spiderweb from the tire to the handlebar. I feel kind of bad, but I turned on the hose and sprayed it off. I think the spider was still on the wheel when I took off. The web was beautiful. It wasn't just a cobweb or anything. It was like those webs you see in pictures. When I saw the spider though, I got creeped out a bit. It was a pale almost transparent yellow cream color. I'm not sure what kind of spider it was, since I've never seen one like that, but it was creepy and scary enough for me to try to kill it...and I don't kill bugs unless I absolutely have to. I really hate doing it. But, spiders are definately a weak point. Anyways....

My cats are terrorizing the house right now. They are absolutely wild! Cute, but VERY wild. My mom uses a placemat to put under their food dishes. She had to take it away when they started diving under it and sending their food flying all over the floor. They have somehow gotten ahold of the placemat again and are sliding it all around the living room. They coo, run and dive. Usually they run into something and back away...then start all over again. I think they may be possesed. :)

Well...I think I need to go to bed. It's not insanely late, but I'm tired. If I can just make it through 2 more days I will survive. I can't wait for Saturday! I get to go visit my wonderful friend Anni. (I'm sure you may read this Anni...but I'm going to type it anyways) Anni and I met in band about 3??? years ago. We were stand partners...or wait...did we just sit next to each other?...I can't remember). As I recall one day I felt very strongly that I needed to invite her over to watch Survivor with me (it was a big deal to watch that show back then!). She ended up coming over (maybe another day or something...I'm not sure) and ...after a few more times hanging out she became my best friend at school. Unfortunately (just kidding ;)) she got married...ha ha...it's not unfortunate at all, but now I rarely get to hang out with her. It's really sad. Our lives have gone their separate ways and I really miss being around her. Crap...I'm crying...now I can't read the screen. But, on a happier note, she is pregnant. I'm so happy for her and I can't wait to see her cute pregnant belly :) Saturday can't get here soon enough! (only 3 more days Anni!!! Yahoo!!!) :)

Well...it is almost midnight. I didn't think it was that late. I need to go to bed.
Goodnight!

0 comments: