Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oops!

So, I had an interesting day today. I barely woke up on time to get to church looking decent. I walked into Relief Society and there were maybe 4 empty chairs. My mom and I had to separate. She sat in the back while I got a front row seat (joy). I keep forgetting that once a month the Young Women come in to Relief Society for the opening stuff. We all get to stand and say the YW theme, which is kind of fun actually. But, for the most part, it's kind of weird. Oh well. Just as they dismissed the YW to their classes I had to leave to go practice with the Young Men for their musical number in Sacrament meeting today. Oh man...these boys barely open their mouths! I did what I could to act like a conductor (since the one who was in charge of this whole thing was sick), but since I was at the piano behind where they were standing, I didn't help much. The YM leaders don't really know much about singing. But, thankfully, the Bishop walked in and saved the day. It was quite an experience. After a few minutes of running through the song, I left and returned to RS. I had missed about half of the lesson and had a very faint hint of what we were discussing. It seemed to be a good lesson. Then we had Sunday School. I enjoy that class right now. A recently returned missionary is teaching the class right now. He is a year younger than me. We've known each other probably since we were babies, but have never really talked to one another. It is so nice to have him teach the class. He doesn't fool around with anything. He teaches the lesson as-is. And...I have to say, he has grown into quite an attractive young man. (if only he were taller than me! AH!) Awhile back age used to be so important to me. I used to think that I wanted to marry someone that is older than me. I'm now beginning to change that opinion. There are many young men out there that are just as good, if not better than those that are older than me. (And there's more of them...oh dear) I don't think I'm developing a crush on him, but the possibility is there. It's weird. And...even weirder still, his mom started talking to me today after the meetings. I don't think I've ever said more than 10 words at a time to her in the past. It was weird. But, kind of nice. She always has this appearance about her that has kind of scared me away, but she's really a nice person. Wouldn't that be funny if ....anyways....never mind.
In Sacrament meeting I had a really different viewpoint. The same person that had organized the musical number (that was sick) is also the conductor. She asked if I could sub for her. So, I got to lead the music today. It's not like I haven't done it before, but I was actually kind of nervous. Thankfully, my mom was playing the organ, so things went amazingly well. :)
The speakers were 2 very special people in my life. This couple has lived here for 33 years. The father has been the counselor at the high school for that entire time I believe. He was the Bishop for most of my high school years. The mother was my piano teacher. She was also my seminary teacher for 3 of my 4 years there. They have 8 children. All 8 served missions. All but 2 are married. One of their daughters gave me my clarinet lessons during high school (as few as they were). At one point I was even ~madly in love~ with one of their sons. That's a whole 'nother story though. (sigh) :) Anyways. To sum it up, this family has had a great influence on me and my family throughout the years. The father recently underwent chemo-therapy for 2 different rounds of cancer. He's been fighting it for about 2 years now. As far as I know, he's in remission. But, he can no longer work. So, at the end of the summer they will be moving. They will be leaving Dugway for good. They will truly be missed. Even thinking about it now makes me get teary-eyed. I truly love their family. They spoke and gave great talks. (words cannot describe what I'm feeling right now) Between their talks was the musical number with the YM. Wow...it was pathetic. But, they tried and did a good job for what they were. More than half of them had dissappeared between the practice that morning and the actual singing. Oh well.
We got home and ate lunch. We sat around and talked for awhile. (oh...we= ma, pa and me) I fell asleep on the couch and had a nice 2-hour nap. When I woke up I walked around for a bit and suddenly realized...oh dear. Tonight was the Pioneer Fireside that my choir was singing in. I was never planning on going (it's a great thing, but I just don't want to drive that much and I really can't be spending $40 on gas every other day to go to town). But, I forgot one huge thing. I never told Bro. Simon. OOPS! How could I do such a dumb thing. I am usually very responsible when it comes to things like that. Oh well I guess. Can't do anything about it now. But, I respect Bro. Simon a great deal and I don't want him to lose any possible respect he may have for me. I don't know if I will ever be singing in Choralaires again, but I wouldn't want to ruin any chance of returning. Yikes...that wasn't the smartest thing to do. I'm sure the firseide went well though. I sat in the audience last time. The choir did well. I couldn't tell you much about the actual talks, but the choir did well. :) Well, I want to go look at the pretty clouds before it gets too much darker. I love it when it gets like this. I guess we're supposed to be getting some rain this week. Yahoo!. Anyways...until next time...

0 comments: