Blogger Templates
"You Don't Find Who You Truly Can Be Until You Have Lost Everything You Once Were. " -Chad Hymas
"Our Greatest Weakness Lies in Giving Up. The Most Certain Way to Succeed is Always to Try Just One More Time." -Thomas Edison

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Owl Was Right!

So, I had a bad day...that turned into a wonderful day.
I woke up feeling more exhausted than I've felt all summer (it's been getting progressively worse lately...especially this week...maybe I'm getting sick). I had about a half hour to get ready for work; thankfully I made it on time. When I got there my boss was not in a good way. We talked as she was in the process of finding a ticket to Michigan to go help out with some family problems. I can't explain the stress that this thought put in my body. That would mean I would be in charge of the store while she was gone. I'm not in any position to run that place for that long. Anyways, then the customers started coming in...and they didn't stop for what seemed an eternity. We almost ran out of bread before 2. That's a LOT of bread (and sandwiches). Closer to the end of the rush we got a phone call from the main gate asking us to sponser someone on base. It turned out that this person was a 'secret shopper.' So, we prepared ourselves to be on our best behavior (which isn't too much different than normal). I was at the cash register. Some customers came in that I didn't recognize and I figured it was them. It was them. Ha ha. Anyways. Apparently I did a good job, because my boss later handed me a certificate that stated that I will be receiving a $20 American Express gift card. I have money for school supplies! Joy! Then, later she told me I could have the night off, since things are going ok with the new supervisor. So, as I left work, I also got the shock of my life. I don't have to work again until Monday. I haven't felt that happy since ....I don't know when. As I was coming around the corner to my street on my bike I heard an owl hooting. It made this sound of hoo hoo. And I couldn't help but think that it was echoing my thoughts to the world. Woo hoo!!!! Thank you little owl for sharing my happiness with the world around us. I am still giddy with laughter at the thought that I didn't have to work tonight. This is the first free night I've had in over a month....if not 2. It has been wonderful. And, I don't have to work tomorrow. Nor do I work on Saturday and we are closed on Sundays. I don't know if I can ever go back. I love this feeling of being happy. :) Oh well, I have less than 2 weeks there anyways. It's all a matter of sticking it out to the end.
So, even though my computer is showing signs of breaking down again, I'm still extremely broke and I have no hope of making it back to school peacefully, I had a great day today. I loved it! :)

WOO HOOO!!!!!!
:)

0 comments: